History of the East Bay Chapter (con't)
- Also in 1999, our chapter sponsored the Region 8 Conference
under the direction of chair Gwaltney Mountford.
- Devil Mountain Views has won several awards, but
in 2002 - 2003 it won the Best of Show, Most Improved, and Distinguished
Technical Communication award in the STC international newsletter
competition. Ashwini Tharval was the managing
editor at that time.
- In 2003, our chapter created a 3-year Strategic Plan under
the direction of Becky Rude.
- In 2007, our chapter sponsored the Society Board Meeting in
Berkeley under the direction of chair Gwaltney Mountford
and Helen Cheung.
- In 2007, our chapter started podcasting some of our speaker
programs and started the Yahoo Group Network under the direction
of Joseph Humbert.
- In 2008, our chapter sponsored an all-day writing Boot Camp
by STC Director-at-Large Leah Guren under the direction of Helen
Cheung and Ann Adams.
- In 2008, our chapter updated the previous 3-year Strategic
Plan for the next 3 years and submitted the Chapter Rechartering
Plan to STC, both under the direction of Helen Cheung.
- In 2009, our chapter transitioned from a fiscal year from
July through June to the calendar year, January through December.
We also gave up half of our financial reserves to STC to help
the national organization through a fiscal crisis.
- In 2012, our chapter updated the 3-year Strategic Plan for
2012-2015, and celebrated the 50th
Anniversary of the chapter.
- Our chapter had 35 members in 1962, 165 members in 1995, 190
members in 2002. We now have approximately 50 members.