Our presenters will enlighten us with their thoughts and notes from the 65th STC Annual Conference in Orlando, FL, held in May 2018.
This is what STC Summit is all about:
People from all over the world and from all different backgrounds attend the STC Summit! And it’s not just technical writers who attend: project managers, consultants, content architects, web managers, professors, developers, illustrators, and policy writers are just some of the many people you’ll meet at the Summit.
The STC Summit session topics cover many aspects of technical writing: editing, project management, usability, content management, intelligent design, and publication production.
Come and hear about the sessions our panelists attended, the people they met, and what they learned.
- Jane Wilson, STC President
- Gale Naylor, EBSTC President
- Philip Powers, SV STC President
- Liz Fraley
- Maybe more!
To get ready for the meeting, read posts by Summit Attendees from other attendees:
Date: Thursday, 7 June 2018.
Location: Pacific Room in the San Ramon Marriott Hotel, 2600 Bishop Dr, San Ramon, CA 94583
About our meetings
Note: You do not have to be an official STC member to attend the meetings.
- Take 680 to Bollinger Canyon:
- Going 680 North, take the Bollinger Canyon Road exit, turn right (east) onto Bollinger Canyon.
- Going 680 South, take the Bollinger Canyon Road exit, turn left and cross over the freeway on Bollinger Canyon east.
- From Bollinger Canyon Road east, take the first left onto Sunset Drive, then turn left on Bishop Drive.
- The San Ramon Marriott will be on Bishop Drive on the left.
- Walk through the Bishop Grill to get to the Pacific room.
Parking – Park in the (gated) hotel parking lot. Bring the ticket inside with you: The restaurant will validate it, giving you free parking.
5:30 – Networking
6:15 – Dinner
6:45 – Chapter Business
7:15 – Program
8:30 – Adjourn
We hold a raffle at the end of the meeting.