Touchstone is the Northern California Technical Communication Competition. It is a regional competition, sponsored by the NorCal STC chapters. Proceeds from the competition benefit the Kenneth Gordon Scholarship, which supports technical communication students at local colleges.
Deadlines and important dates
- Deadline for entries: Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Award announcements: At the awards ceremony
- Awards ceremony: Saturday, January 19, 2019
Why should you enter the competition?
Two big reasons:
- If you have work you’re especially proud of, enter it so your fellow communicators can admire and recognize it.
- If you have work that you’re not quite happy with, enter it to receive the advice and counsel of our experienced judges.
How do you enter?
See the Submit a Touchstone Entry page.
Let your colleagues know about the competition by downloading a flyer to post at your workplace.
Volunteer to be a judge!
This year’s Touchstone technical communication competition needs experienced technical communicators to serve as judges. See the Judging Information page for more information.
Judging is good for your career. Judges receive free admission to the gala awards event in January, and one judge, in a random drawing, will win up to $250 toward next year’s STC membership dues.
Here are the important dates for Judges for the 2018-2019 competition:
|Deadline for entries||Saturday, October 6, 2018, 2pm|
|First judging meeting||Weekend of October 13-14, 2018 (details to be announced)|
|Judging team meetings||At each team’s convenience|
|All judging deliverables due||Wednesday, November 22, 2018|
|Final judging meeting||Weekend of December 8-9 (details to be announced)|
|Awards ceremony||Saturday, January 19, 2019, 6 p.m., Highlands Country Club *|